Darwen GRP Roofing Systems
Stephen Walmsley Building & Roofing Contractors are specialists in installing new GRP Fibreglass Flat Roofing Systems in Darwen. Our employees are fully trained and approved by Check a Trade for all roofing and building services.
What is GRP?
GRP (glass reinforced plastic) is the technical name for what is commonly known as ‘fibreglass’. Originally developed in 1938 for use in insulation, GRP is extremely durable
GRP is extremely versatile, strong and waterproof, making GRP the ideal solution for applications such as roofing systems. Fibreglass, is made up of chopped strand mat made from glass fibres which are laid in situe and then held together with layers of polyester plastic (resin) which becomes hard after being cured. Once cured it becomes a very tough material which can be formed to any size, shape, colour or thickness. A key benefit is that it is light weight making it ideal for roofs but extremely secure so it does not compromise on security.
GRP flat roofing meets British Standards to BS476
The GRP roofing process ensures that your roof is completely sealed with no joints meaning that even the smallest drop of water can’t seep through. Once installed you won’t have to do any maintenance to the roof, leaving you with total piece of mind.
A GRP flat roof meets British Standards to BS476 part 3 FAB and comes with a comprehensive guarantee. GRP Roofing can resist heavy traffic and can be sealed with a non slip coating, therefore suitable for balconies and walkways.
How long will it last?
Many glassfibre laminates made during the early days of GRP production in the 1940s are still in use today. Extensive testing has demonstrated the typical life expectancy of a GRP roof product to be well in excess of 50 years. And, tests conducted to date have shown ‘no deterioration’ infrastructure or performance throughout the testing period. Additionally, because GRP products or use in extreme conditions such as underwater, when used in the manufacture of boats, a GRP product applied by a specialist company could be expected to last a lifetime.
All GRP waterproofing systems in Darwen come with a 20 Year Materials Guarantee. Insurance Backed Guarantee Available for commercial and large projects. Fire Retardant (BS476 PART3 EXT.F.AB) Extremely Long Lifespan (Studies Show 50 Years) Easy To Use, Quick To Install. Is Very Durable (Will Withstand Foot Traffic As Standard) Any BS4800 Colour With Non-Slip Option. No Seams, Joints or Welds. Specially Formulated For Roofing and Can Be Used For Almost Any Application.
• 20 year guarantee from the manufacturer
• 20 year guarantee from the installer
• Fire certificate (resistant to BS476-3:2004 EXT.F.A.B)
• Made from specially formulated roofing resins and topcoats designed for roofing applications
• Superb appearance – available in a choice of three standard colours
• Two non-slip options
• Can be used for almost any application regardless of size or complexity
• Easy and quick to install
• Good environmental programme
• High security – cannot be cut with a knife
• Cold applied – free of the risks associated with ‘hot works’
• Maintenance free
• Fully bonded without seams, joints or welds
• Easy to repair in the unlikely event it is damaged
• Proven pedigree as a waterproofing material with the potential to last the lifetime of the building
• Completely U.V. resistant
• Can be used to convert an existing flat roof for use as a balcony, green roof or roof garden
• Will withstand foot traffic as standard
•Can be specified to withstand heavy, frequent foot traffic for walkways/balconies